Excellence in Product and Service built through Experience
Aggreko's success spans 50 years. In Australia and the Pacific, Aggreko has existed since 1988.
Some of our key milestones are:
- 1962 Generator rental business founded in Groot Ammers,The Netherlands by Luc Koopman.
- 1973 UK business established in Scotland, UK.
- 1984 Aggreko is acquired by Salvesen Group.
- 1986 Aggreko enters the North American market through acquisition.
- 1989 New depot opens in Singapore to enter the South East Asian market.
- 1990 Further extension of the business with a new depot in Australia.
- 1991 Growth allows new opening to enter the Middle East market. Temperature control introduced into the European market.
- 1997 Aggreko emerges on the London Stock Exchange separated from Salvesen Group.
- 2000 Temperature Control introduced in Middle East.
- 2002 Entry into the Brazilian markets.
- 2006 Aggreko enters the Chinese market through opening a new depot in Shanghai.
- 2007 Aggreko exceeds USD 1 billion annual revenue, excluding fuel.
- 2008 Exclusive supplier for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.
- 2010 Power provided to the FIFA World Cup in South Africa
- 2011 Aggreko acquires NZ Generator Hire business
- 2012 London 2012 Olympic Games plugs in Aggreko